New Series

Yeah actually I do hate the second to last cover of my Brides Magazine - they went overboard with her too in the plastic department. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. The new cover though - around her hair line she has texture and she isn't quite as shimmery or unreal looking. There's also texture & detail in the shadows as well ... now I'm not going to assume you're holding Bride Feb March but still - it IS a fashion look and it looks great but it almost crosses into that too much skin blur not enough else look.

The new "underwater" one is awesome - love the vignetting!

Sorry guys, my image server was down today. It's back up now.

Thanks Matt. I know what you mean. It is a very fine line. I guess my wife would rather have me err on the side of too retouched, versus not enough! :p

When I get a minute I'm going to go back to the full res and evaluate them very closely.

Thanks again.

not so sure the head shot works as a work photo, but then its not for me.

The others are way to smooth and unnatural for my liking but I'm sure for fashion they are technically spot on.

I liked to see more of her natural beauty. Is it difficult to light those dark eyes?

Thanks guys and gals.

I'm planning on reshooting the headshot for sure. The smooth, high contrast look is something I enjoy. I like the punch it gives. It's not difficult to light her eyes. They are not really super dark, but the high contrast in these images gives that effect.

Do you think her skin tones would look better on a deep red background?

I like the first one - theres an 'in your face'ness about it that will make people remember who your wife is when they see her. She looks like a strong and reliable, competent person in it, at least from a viewers perspective as opposed to a photographers. Love the artsy fartsy stuff too - the pink hue in the skin of 2 I thought was a bit odd, but on 2nd look it works with all the colors going on.

Nice to see ya puttin your new toys to good use :)

your images are beautiful and crisp....especially love #2 &3...she's a beautiful woman!!!!...but i dont like #1 at all..the lighting makes her face too flat and well, i think other's said it well, plasticy....sorry....

Most reactions

Back