New shoot im unsure.

tailz03

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am trying out a new effect for my work, what do people think?

4330536450_0cce0e6110_o.jpg

4330536558_d0c92354e9_o.jpg

It's different, that's for sure... Honestly, I don't like it... makes it look too fake, cartoonish in spots, 2d, and over processed, IMO... I'm sure some people will dig it though... ;)

nonononono.... you have had some great stuff posted. There are much better ways to do the eyelashes and brows.

It's different, that's for sure... Honestly, I don't like it... makes it look too fake, cartoonish in spots, 2d, and over processed, IMO... I'm sure some people will dig it though... ;)

i was going for a cartoon effect :) ill post the non cartoon ones in a min

The effect is much too strong. If you have it on its own layer I would drop the opacity way down. The key here IMO will be be enhance the image while maintaining a sense of realism.

I'm not crazy about the eye lashes. On the other hand... I love the eyes! Can you tell me more about how you accomplished this. I only have elements 6, but I do have a layer mask added. Any help would be great.

The processing is way over the top for me. The eyes, skin, and eyelashes are just too much. Lighting is good, though.

And the lipstick is wider on the bottom lip on her right and thinner on her left.

The processing is way over the top for me. The eyes, skin, and eyelashes are just too much. Lighting is good, though.
Pretty much sums it up for me too. The lighting is very nice.

Image "one" half of the face looks blurry.. r u able to post the original, maybe someone can give you a different interpretation.

how do you say "lissé" ? smooth ? too much smooth for me, and colours are not very beautiful...too hard... ( but it is a test for a cartoon if I have understood...? )
No advantage for the girl

Id say its alright for a start. It needs work if its a new technique youve acquired. Id recommend using your brush on a lower opacity to tone down the "harshness" of your detail. When i did this kind of editing, i used literally 8% opacity and built up what i wanted. You dont want to achieve your detail in one stroke, you want to build up to it. Id say, give it another shot with what was said prior, and post again so we can see your improvements!

Most reactions

Back