new shots, from Montreal ... C & C please

Nutcracker33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

just went on a trip to Montreal and took a lot of shots, here are only a handful of them, please C&C

2670299340_2dac59c992.jpg

2669508109_ecdb6df49e.jpg

2669482507_8f65af2b0e.jpg

enjoy

I'm not on my calibrated monitor, but #2 just looks too dark (maybe crop it?).
#3 looks like a National Geographic shot.
I like #1, but maybe crop down the sky a little?

The last looks really good. Exposure looks spot-on. Don't know how happy I am about the person closest to the camera, but maybe he really needs to be there for it to be a good photo. What do I know?

Exposure on the alleyway was tough, you'd either get an all blown sky and more detail on the walls, or less detail on the walls and an ok-sky. A perfect "HDR-situation" so that the dynamic range your camera is capable to cover in one photo only could be surpassed.

I am really intrigued by the dome in the first photo, and I do like how it stands out against the evening sky. I also like the colour gradation in the sky from light orange to deeper blue. Which is why I would not suggest to crop into the sky. One thing that might be done is to selectively brighten the bottom part just a little (carefully, so you won't get a halo) so the lights would become more visible and the water a little more defined. I'd attempt to do that (and might later discard the idea, who knows?).

Most reactions

Back