NEW SONGS NEW BANDS! Less capital letters...

Lisa B

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So! Im sitting here on the internet on a Saturday after spending the morning taking silly pics of myself (see self portrait thred) and I am now sitting here listening to music!

I really want something new to listen to! This could be something OLD! I don't mind. I would love you to give me the names of some bands/singers that you really like and which you listen to a lot currently so that I may go listen to something I perhaps haven't listened to before...

Suggestions?

I think you should check out Mister Scoops, but i've told you that before!

He does now have some wicked t-shirts for sale though, they're definitely worth checking out - and for the love of all things loveable, go check out his Boglins track, coz its my favourite :)

Bring it!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I decided to read this post from last line first, to top line last, so...in simpler terms, bottom to top. And I'm well confused here, not gonna lie.

I'm not really contributing much to this thread, and I feel kind of bad about that, but at least I'm keeping it at the top, right?

Nah, I just feel too guilty to hit 'Post Quick Reply', so I'll say something relevant: you should check out Sufjan Stevens, he's a very interesting musician. But wait, hold the phone, if you've not previously checked out Ben Folds, you need, I repeat...NEED, to check him out the second you read this. Good day, Lisa B.

I just realized if you keep the site going it will keep playing all the songs. My fav is song 4, when your minds made up.

Go to this site of a good movie. A song will start to play. All somgs were written and performed by the 2 stars of the movie. I listen to this soundtrack all the time.

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/once/

Thats some really pretty music. Interesting concept. Never heard of ONCE before. The woman has a really sweet voice.

The movie is all about the music. Got good reviews at the Sundance Festival. Very low budget film, maybe $300,000 to make. Like I said all songs are written and performed by Glen and Marketa. Glen Hansard is also in an Irish rock band called the Frames. I promote this movie and soundtrack all the time to people.

Drive-by Truckers
Neko Case
The Hold Steady
Crooked Fingers
The Decemberists
The Shins
Wilco
Dylan

Hope this gives you a start.

i second pandora!

Not sure what sort of stuff you listen to (or even for that matter what you already have), but I'd recommend the following:

Radiohead - The Bends
Pearl Jam - Ten
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
The Black Keys - Chulahoma

Thanks, im going to check some of those out in the morning :)

xxxxxxxxxx

Pendulum has two sort of new singles. Blood Sugar and Granite.

On a side note they will be at Coachella Festval April 25. I am moving to Cali in March and I can not wait to see them there.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

New Topics

Back