Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
....I was wondering if we could have a subforum in off-topic for 'News'. (non political news, that is) I know another forum that does it, and it's my favorite part of the forum. :) Just a place to post news articles from around the world. What are y'all's thoughts on this? :)

I can think of very little news that isn't political. Except for the public relations "kitten stuck up a tree" story. It could be a good idea but I don't really know of much "News" that isnt political.

There is tons of news that isn't political. The forum I go to that has the news section has the news part and then a political subforum. People post probably 10 or more non political news stories a day.

core_17 said:
huh? you mean to the other forum? I can, but you won't be able to see it without being a member.
I think he means here... post a news thread here that does not have political/religious issues.

Whats fun in a 'News' forum without a bit of Politics?? ;)

I think that news of a non-political nature is a perfect fit for the off topic forum as it is, without the addition of a sub forum. Since the main reason of this site is Photography and things of a related nature I don't see the need for a seperate forum for news. Plus, each person's views on what is "political" news vs. non-political news is going to be different which makes things difficult. I'm glad you have a place to enjoy that feature in other forums, but I'm not sure it would be a good fit here. As has been said many times, there are a ton of forums and debate boards for news and political views, this just isn't one of them :D

AlisonPower said:
I think that news of a non-political nature is a perfect fit for the off topic forum as it is, without the addition of a sub forum. Since the main reason of this site is Photography and things of a related nature I don't see the need for a seperate forum for news. Plus, each person's views on what is "political" news vs. non-political news is going to be different which makes things difficult. I'm glad you have a place to enjoy that feature in other forums, but I'm not sure it would be a good fit here. As has been said many times, there are a ton of forums and debate boards for news and political views, this just isn't one of them :D

I never said anything about wanting a place to debate, just a place for news stories.... and I don't think the off topic works just fine as a place to post news because if I posted all the news articles I would like to, it would bump everything else down, which is why I brought up the suggestion in the first place. But anyway, if no one likes the idea, never mind...I just thought it would be a nice addition.

I see what you mean. Yeah it would be a good idea. It would also be interesting to see where people get their news from.

Creating a News forum is exciting but it is a slippery idea. Issues like abortion, aetheism can be non-political but it has the full potential to go haywire. ;)

Most reactions

Back