New Tammy 150-600mm

Nice shots Mr. Snowy. Definitely a fun lens. Hard to argue with the quality, versatility, and weight at that price point.

Thanks. Now if wildlife will keep showing up in the back yard I'm all set. I really have a habit of stopping my truck and jumping out for shots. Just ask BillM

I really like the colors of the second photo. For pushing the ISO I think it looks really good.
The first one seems really orange but I am viewing on an iPad so you can take it FWIW.

Thanks. Not sure about the orange tint other than late afternoon filtered sun.

Nice start with the new lens. i'm sure it is not as sharp as your big boys, but it sure is easy to carry around and shoot with isn't it? Much easier than lugging a pod around and a 10# chunk of glass

Thanks. Ya this purchase was really about the weight and the decent results I've seen posted on here.

Looking forward to what you think on the new Sigma WG
No problem. If I ever get it :biggrin-93:. I have had mine on order for about 6+ weeks now, hoping I might get it by Christmas, now I am hoping, as I said, to get it before my annual Florida trek. I intend to test it out quite thoroughly. If it passes, then I will be taking it to Africa next fall.

WG

I saw a local camera shop advertised it as 'in stock' so it made me wonder if they are finally catching up on Orders?
I want to get one but want to make sure I am good enough for it :)
Nice shots and congrats.
Nancy

Very nice. Always a good thing to have your subjects waiting at the door :biggrin-93:. The detail in the Tammy looks great. What did you shoot the first one at? I am waiting for a Sigma 150-600 to come. Hopefully it will come before my annual trek to Florida to shoot the big birds.

WesternGuy

Thanks. The first one was shot at 600mm f6.3 1/500 iso 900

Thanks It is always of interest to see how new lenses behave at their longest reach, as often it is not as sharp as one hopes for.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back