New to Bird Photography.

Sirashley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I post allot around here helping out noobs, but when it comes to bird photography, I am a super noob! I just picked up a tamron 200-400 to shoot some birds with. As far as settings, I shot this in Aperture Priority, F5.6, iso250, at 400mm. Anyway, C&C always appreciated, and any advice on birding is always welcome

Bird1.jpg

I cant offer any 'technical' advice cause I hardly know anything about photography but i just wanted you to know i like this photo a lot :p

Just a tad overexposed. Watch out for the background, this one is a bit busy. If you want to stat 'shooting' birds and you have a backyard, you can set up a feeder, some water and a few twigs. This way you control the settings.

I posted this last month: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/nature-wildlife/123890-wildlife-nature-faq-2.html#post1747498

Well I think the lighting is right on the bird, but perhaps the branch is a tad over exposed.... What do you think? If the bird were any darker I think he would have come out underexposed.

Backgrounds are so tuff with wild birds. Arrggghhh... and they don't pose for you either :lol: I shot this photo at an Everglades preserve and these birds are very spooky, what do you guys do to get a better background when shooting wild birds without spooking them? Unfortunately, I live in a condo, so no backyard set ups for me.

Chriss thanks for the compliment :blushing:

bird were any darker I think he would have come out underexposed.

Backgrounds are so tuff with wild birds. Arrggghhh... and they don't pose for you either :lol: :

They don't pose for you? Were your birds raised in a barn that they have no manners? :lmao:

It's always a challenge to get the backdrop that you want with wild animals. That's part of the challenge. Sometimes you just need liberal use of your clone tool.

Here's a link you may enjoy:

BirdPhotographers.Net - It Ain't Just Birds

Well I think the lighting is right on the bird, but perhaps the branch is a tad over exposed.... What do you think? If the bird were any darker I think he would have come out underexposed.

Backgrounds are so tuff with wild birds. Arrggghhh... and they don't pose for you either :lol: I shot this photo at an Everglades preserve and these birds are very spooky, what do you guys do to get a better background when shooting wild birds without spooking them? Unfortunately, I live in a condo, so no backyard set ups for me.

Chriss thanks for the compliment :blushing:

The white feathers looks like you lost some detail there, not much, but a little....so yes it is a tad overexposed. It looks like you had a tough time with the lighting and you did good under tough situations. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back