New to film; equipment

pulse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys! So the other day I went to an estate sale and bought some film camera equipment. I usually shoot digital but i thought i would try film out for a chance. I got the fallowing equipment for 90$, great quality. Im just wondering what you guys think of the equipment and if its any good?

Nikon F-801
AF Nikkor 35-70mm 3.3-4.5
Nikon lens series E 50mm 1.8
Tamron F SP tele-converter 2x
Vivitar 283 flash w/ slave adapter
and various other cables,CP filters, and 10 rolls of film(400,200)

Sounds like a pretty fair deal to me. I have the e-series 50 that i use sometimes on my d40.
the body and that lense is probably worth around $70 ish so i'd say you made out just fine.

as far as quality of the stuff, i've never used the body but im sure its plenty sufficient to get started with 35mm.

good luck
-Gian

The 801 body has a good viewfinder,and is very easy to use. The 35-70 (I own the 801 and the 35-70 3.3~4.5) is nothing special, but it is very small and light and unobtrusive, looking a lot like a 50mm 1.4. The E-series 50mm (I have owned three over the years) 1.8 was always more prone to flare than a Nikkor,especially when used in areas where there's a lot of stray light near the lens front, or when shooting toward bright light sources--but it does make a nice portrait lens when paired with a 2x teleconverter...the combo usually takes a a lot of the "edge off". For $90 Canadian, you got an okay deal,especially considering you also got a decent flash with it.

What's amazing is the viewfinder in an 801 compared with, say a new D90....the old film camera looks like you're looking at a 50 inch plasma screen TV, the digital like a 32 incher. Enjoy the new stuff!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back