New to HDR

drveede76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am just getting into HDR.  I am learning and hope to get some pointers on how to improve my technique. Any feed back is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

I have yet to experiment with HDR. I like this- and I like that you did something other then the woods/field. I am sure there will be more critical opinions that come along and nit-pick things that were not in your control. But for what it's worth- I like it .

Same here I just started doing HDR after 4 years. My first attempt. Me personally I hate the over saturated look. but you picture looks nice, its not too over done. Heres my very first HDR lol.

64707189.jpg

When you get some time, scroll through the HDR forum and try your hand at some of our HDR Shootouts.

There's something like 25 are 30 of them available, where TPF members have posted various subjects along with the raw images needed to create the HDRs.

Same here I just started doing HDR after 4 years. My first attempt. Me personally I hate the over saturated look. but you picture looks nice, its not too over done. Heres my very first HDR lol.

64707189.jpg

Your computer looks beastly. But I'm not convinced there was enough of a dynamic range here to require multiple exposures.

Once you get the correct exposure some light tone-mapping may help make an image pop a bit.

Am I off base here?

I am just getting into HDR.  I am learning and hope to get some pointers on how to improve my technique. Any feed back is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave this photo is a typical product that comes straight from photomatix.

Steps I would take to improve this image

1. Move the "smooth highlights" slider to the right to remove the dark casts in the clouds
2. Bring back the saturatino a little bit, the rocks are looking like they have some unnatural magenta casts
3. watch the halo-ing around the rope on the rail

Good luck

Most reactions

Back