new to it all. no exp. got some questions.

cjpower9185

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys. i been looking around here alot lately. i recently picked up a canon eos rebel g. ehhhh i guess so i heard its a cheapy camera. but im totally new to the photography bit. except regular cameras. but i have had an inside passion for taking photographs. nothing to make a big career just something fun and maybe a lil cash on the side after i get some exp. but as of now im working with this film camera cause that much outta pocket at one time isnt happening soon. but i was wondering. in your opinion how good you think this camera is? n i was also trying to find something where i can get my negatives and get them into digital. i know they photo lab can put them on a disk n what not. but thats to much disks laying around. ha. im looking for a good quality way to get my film pics digitalized so i can play around with photo shop n make stuff better. what about printing pics off roll of film and just scanning them onto my comp? any suggestions are open. and what is this talk about c&c whats this mean? thanks guys.

oh and is it worth it and is there any other lenses out there for this one? ive checked but idk. or can any canon lens fit?

Last edited:
1.) c&c = comments and critique
2.) camera is a tool. Every tool is as good as its user.
Anyway, if you want some review, here's one Canon EOS Rebel G

I
just don't understand one thing.. Why you FIRST pick the camera and THEN ask how good it actually is?

well i read up on it. but im asking more from a consumer point of view. n it wasnt necessarily that i picked it, it was given to me from a friend after they found out what i wanted to pursue. n thanks

Any lens for a full format Canon camera will be ok. However, they are not cheap, and you will spend less for buying a second-hand dSLR where you can put the lens you have now (which?), since it is also forward-compatible. However, the review linked by Tomasko tells you many things about your camera.
I did not fully understand the question regarding digitalization - I suppose english is not your mother tongue, like me. The best bet is that you are worrying about the number of CDs you could have, with the alternative being printing & scanning (at the end, more expensive, unless you have a transparency scanner able to digitize negatives). But of course you could always copy images from CDs to computer and throw away the CD, if you are worrying about them.

Most reactions

Back