New to Lensbaby

Allsop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
andrew-bedephotography.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought a Composer Pro II together with a Sweet 35mm at the Photography Show in the NEC and have been playing with it with growing delight! As an example of my work so far with the lens here is one that I took of Alfie my rescued Greyhound. I would love comments especially if folk have tips on how to improve the shot. It was taken inside a church with artificial light on a Canon 70D. ISO 2500, 1/80 sec.
IMG_8913_DxO.jpg

I'm just getting started again with my legacy lensbabies after purchasing a mobile lensbaby. I had a black rescue Greyhound named Fang who was my best friend for 14 years.

Turn on I think it's called focus peaking, and make sure your camera has the max aperture..I think it's 2.5f for the sweet, and the 35m focal length set into the non-ai lens field, I assume Canon has something like this? That helps with the exposure. I generally use A mode, it's just easier. As for how I use them...

What I do is center the composer and put the thing I want in focus in the center. Then I fiddle with the lens till that spot is in focus (And my camera focus dot pops on!) Then I recompose the image to my liking , putting the sharp spot wherever I want it. If you put the sweet at around 5f or 8f, the spot gets a lot larger and this is easier. Wide open is harder to focus when you are learning. Practicing on things that don't move is a lot less frustrating.

Cute pupper!

Not sure if this is specific to my Lensbaby which is the Velvet 56 but I got a great tip to focus at f/4 or smaller so that focus peaking will be optimal and then open up the lens without changing focus or moving it.

Most reactions

Back