New to Lightroom 2 - Questions

Jon_Are

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm using the 30-day trial version of Lightroom 2. I have no problems importing the photos into the library, but after that, I'm a bit stuck.

Previously, using PSE 7, I would click on EDIT and my image would open up in my Nikon Camera Raw editor. I would perform basic adjustments there, then open the image in PSE for fine-tuning.

Using LR, though, I can't figure out how to make the leap from the LR library to my Camera Raw editor. When I click on Edit Photo In...my only option is PSE, where it opens as a TIF.

How do I get my .nef files into my RAW editor?

Thanks!

Jon

Lightroom is a RAW editor...so you shouldn't need to go into another RAW editor.

Lightroom is organized into modules. Library, Develop, Slideshow, Print & Web.

You import your images in the library module, then you can go into the Develop module where you have all the RAW editing tools you could want. Not to mention the grad filter and the adjustment brush, which are really versatile tools.

Lightroom is a RAW editor...so you shouldn't need to go into another RAW editor.

Ahhh, that's the missing puzzle piece.

Thanks, Mike. I'll check out those tutorials.

Jon

If I understand your question correctly....

Go to Edit (main menu bar) > Preferences > External Editing > (midway down) Additional External Editor > Application > Choose (button)

I've set mine to go to CNX as a tiff file.

Yes, you can take an image out of Lightroom with the 'Edit in...' command but I don't think that's what he was asking.

Most reactions

Back