New to me 5D is at the Post Office! Software Question!

bremner53

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My 5D that my husband bought from me from ebay is in town and ready for pick up!

With that said, I don't have the software. Is it difficult process to download it? Will I be able to use my canon software from my Rebel?

Last edited:
Sorry, that was a question. I just quickly checked it out, and I have to fill out a form and send it to them or something. I'll look into it further.

Your Rebel software is just fine...

Go to the Canon Site and download the updates and drivers for the 5d, DPP, Utilities, and Zoombrowser if you choose, and you will be in business..:D

Your Rebel software is just fine...

Go to the Canon Site and download the updates and drivers for the 5d, DPP, Utilities, and Zoombrowser if you choose, and you will be in business..:D

This.

You can't actually download the full program from Canon (it boggles the mind why), but you can download the updates. Strangely enough...the updates are actually the full version of the application, but they check to make sure you have a previous version installed. If you want to download it from the site without using a previous version/cd there's a registry trick to allow it...but not going to write the whole thing in here. Just search Google.

And no, there's nothing illegal or even gray about this. The whole thing is irrelevant though since you have the program installed. Just download the updates and you'll be golden!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back