"New to me" light

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This wasn't anything really expensive (an ebay score), but its in great shape and wow I like it. I need a pocket wizard cable for it yet.

Triggered it with a Vivitar 285 on a pocket wizard, bounced Vivitar was used to light this side too
bigthumb.gif

20111108-DSC_9010.jpg

I also picked up one of these per my professor's suggestion: Paul C. Buff - Vagabond Portable Power

Sweeeet! New light AND new portable power!!!!!

Thanks guys!

I'm trying to figure out a DIY carry case, seems the very elaborate Elinchron brand case costs a small fortune.

Thanks guys!

I'm trying to figure out a DIY carry case, seems the very elaborate Elinchron brand case costs a small fortune.

Buy an Alien Bee one. Color over the logo.

And don't spend the money on a PW branded cable. It's highway rapery. All you should need is a 3.5 miniphone to a 1/4" mono cable. Radio shack will most likely have them or FlashZebra.com can get you a cheaper one. Lonnie who runs the site is a really good guy.

Thanks guys!

And don't spend the money on a PW branded cable. It's highway rapery. All you should need is a 3.5 miniphone to a 1/4" mono cable. Radio shack will most likely have them or FlashZebra.com can get you a cheaper one. Lonnie who runs the site is a really good guy.

^^^^Thanks for both tips!

Congrats on the new gear.

:thumbsup: for Lon at Flash Zebra.

Thanks Miken and thanks again Village Idiot for the link. Those people at flash zebra are awesome, actually have it in stock, and at less than 1/3 the price I've priced that cable anywhere. They emailed me back when i asked support the specific cable and I ordered.

Steve,This is the correct cord to connect a Pocket Wizard to your Elinchrom flash:FlashZebra.com: Elinchrom to Pocket Wizard, CyberSync or Elinchrom Skyport (Item #0014)Enjoy! Lon

Thanks guys!

Thanks again you guys, cable was delivered and it works great. I bought the flashzebra cable, Lon was awesome to work with. I'm about to order another cable from him that will allow me to put the TT5 pocketwizard on my cam and remote trigger it from my TT1.

This forum is awesome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back