New To People Photography.

AlexCruise

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone,
I am pretty new to people photography. I mainly do automotive photography but i am trying to branch out and try shooting things other then just still objects/moving objects.
I would appreciate some C&C on these 2 images that i took about 2/3 months ago.

Shelby In Downtown Saint Charles by Alex Cruise, on Flickr

Mothers Love by Alex Cruise, on Flickr

Windy Day by Alex Cruise, on Flickr

Lily Walking Down The Path by Alex Cruise, on Flickr

Fall Day In The Park by Alex Cruise, on Flickr

Looking For Treasure by Alex Cruise, on Flickr

Sitting Under A Tree Hanging Out With Mommy by Alex Cruise, on Flickr

She is a Super Model by Alex Cruise, on Flickr

Strings by Alex Cruise, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice. I think #1 would have been stronger had her hair been combed, and in #2, I wish we could see a bit of the child's face; the mother's expression is wonderful. Both would benefit from a tighter crop IMO.

Asking for c/ c and not allowing edits means that lots of words will be used to awkwardly try to express what a bit of cropping or color edits might show perfectly.

Very nice. I think #1 would have been stronger had her hair been combed, and in #2, I wish we could see a bit of the child's face; the mother's expression is wonderful. Both would benefit from a tighter crop IMO.

#1 .. It was an extremely windy day and i did quite a bit in post as far as her hair.
#2 .. It was hard to control the kid and tried my best in capture emotion in that photo.

I appreciate your criticism tho its beneficial for me getting better and learning :)

What's up with the saturation?

I feel as though the background in photo #3 causes the subject to blend in too much...It's not very pleasing to my eye at least. I really like the image of the child on the road though.

What's up with the saturation?

I was just messing with Photoshop/Saturation and i thought they looked good or made the image stand out to me.
I personally use quite a bit of saturation on images.

I feel as though the background in photo #3 causes the subject to blend in too much...It's not very pleasing to my eye at least. I really like the image of the child on the road though.

I agree with you .. background does blend too much ill try to mess with it to see if i can get it somewhat better.

I'll say this for you, you certainly have a good eye for a pretty model! You've also caught (and recognised) some good facial expressions and eye contact.
I agree with Lew, allowing edits would make it easier to show you suggested improvements rather than having to type a thesis.

the retouching is very poor in the first three. her teeth are too white and her skin looks fake! in the third she has no definition and her face looks flat! The timing in the baby ones is kinda weird too, looks like they weren't ready, But not to the point where it looks natural and candid. I'm a fan of the compositions, just not so much the timing/posing in those ones. Very pretty models and good depth, though!
As for the saturation, you really have to be careful with it on portraits. It can easily ruin skin tones and make humans look unnatural.

Most reactions

Back