New to photography, C&C

jess.thayer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i am now picking up photography, since i have always love to take photos. I am seeing if it is something i would like to pursue, so I would love all the advice and c&c you have to offer, no feelings will be hurt! Right now i just have an Olympus ToughCam it is 14 mega pixel, and even though my dog got to it one day (i learned my lesson of leaving valuables on the table! ) it still works perfectly, and it is still waterproof.

I am looking to get a new camera soon, i do not have the finances for it at the moment, But my husband just began basic training for the Air Force, so soon we will have quite a hike in our income. I use Corel Paint Shop Pro for my editing, i got it from my grandma's sister. It is working as of now, but i have used Photoshop before in a graphics design class and i much prefer that program. But paint shop pro can do quite a bit, but not as user friendly as Photoshop in my opinion.

These are just a few pics i took and edited today, i had a little photoshoot with my dog, and 2 of the kittens my cat had. We are giving the kittens away in a few weeks so i thought now would be the perfect time to capture the memories :)

Any advice would be amazing, and please tell me everything i could improve on, i am looking to improve and will have plenty of time outside of work to work on this art.

Dioji, My dog

^I like this photo quite a bit i like how i cropped it... i feel the processing is a little whacky maybe to crisp? I don't know what the technical term would be

White Kitten

^I feel the cat has an odd expression, but i edited it anyway because this was the best picture i could get of the kitten with it being windy out and the kitten never staying still! Haha, any advice on taking pictures of animals would be much appreciates.

Black and White Kitten

^This picture is a little blury, but i really liked the 'feel' of the photo.

Again any advice is very much appreciated :)

-Jess

awww!! The kittens remind me of when my fat cat was a cute little guy! I like them. The last pic seems a little overexposed? A tad blurry as well (though you stated that). My focus is drawn to the kitten's side, where it seems it's the brightest. I'm certainly not a pro, so take these thoughts with a grain of salt.

i just realized that when you posted it, the camera focused on the kittens side. Darn haha if it had been focused right the picture would have been much better, but my camera automatically focuses on whatever it sees fit.

yes definitely :) I will have to keep that in mind. I just went out and took some more pictures and it is really irritating that i can control what the camera focuses on because i can't seem to get close up pictures.

I like those...blurry yes, but meh...who doesn't love cats on the internet?

very cute pets... you did great for a person just starting out....

What kind of camera are you using?

just a small olympus toughcam, my husband and i got it for traveling where we would need a waterproof/shockproof camera

I'd suggest getting a used Nikon or Canon DSLR. That camera doesn't have focus points?!?! lol.

Hell my iPhone 4 can focus wherever I choose! Any Camera worth using should be able to selectively focus.

Sent from Erics iPhone www.ericporado.com

yea i have a feeling it has something to do when my dog got to it. It still works for just random pictures but focusing on objects not so much.

Most reactions

Back