New to photography. I have some questions.

ayoub.l

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! Glad to be here. Can anyone help me find a source where I can view samples of photos with which camera body and lens were used for each photo sample in addition to levels of shutter speed, aperture and focal length. That will be very helpful.
Thank you in advance.

Explore | Flickr

Anything taken on a digital camera (and not otherwise scrubbed) will have meta-data that may tell you camera, lens, settings etc. There are also lots of groups/albums on there for particular cameras if the meta data is not present. Worth looking around.

Regards
Dave

Hi! Glad to be here. Can anyone help me find a source where I can view samples of photos with which camera body and lens were used for each photo sample in addition to levels of shutter speed, aperture and focal length. That will be very helpful.
Thank you in advance.
Will it actually be all that helpful since you won't be able to evaluate each photographers level of knowledge and skill, the primary factors that determine image quality?

And of course, different subjects/conditions will require different settings.

Thank you in advance.
Will it actually be all that helpful since you won't be able to evaluate each photographers level of knowledge and skill, the primary factors that determine image quality?
Hey. Thanks for the reply. It's more about my fantasy of how I want my style to be. I keeping seeing photographs that fit my style all over the internet but I have no idea the equipment and settings used. Knowing them would open so many doors as a beginner.

Explore | Flickr

Anything taken on a digital camera (and not otherwise scrubbed) will have meta-data that may tell you camera, lens, settings etc. There are also lots of groups/albums on there for particular cameras if the meta data is not present. Worth looking around.

Regards
Dave
Flickr is very famous but It never crossed my mind. Thank you very much

You may want to read this article

But in short, the camera really does not matter especially in todays era of easy post processing where things can be quickly corrected and just as easily faked if need be. Are you thinking about buying a camera? because that is a different discussion all together.

Regards
Dave

Thank you in advance.

Based on the way you're posing this question, you likely will misinterpret the information you are looking through. Even if with the camera, lens, focal length, aperture, shutter, and ISO settings that you're looking for, sites like Flickr and others will lead you to believe a lens performs in one way or another. You would think lots and lots and lots of photos would show a pattern in performance, and in many cases that's true... but you'd be surprised how bad some lenses or cameras seem. In some cases, 90% or more of the photos in certain pools of photos make certain lenses look abysmal, just because of widespread user error.

Most people don't know what they're doing, or think they know what they're doing and don't actually.

It's more about my fantasy of how I want my style to be. I keeping seeing photographs that fit my style all over the internet but I have no idea the equipment and settings used.
Without seeing the same photos that you are, I will take a guess that much of the stylistic inflections are the result of post-capture processing. So even if you learn the equipment and settings used to capture an image, you still might not learn how to create the style.

If you can, post a link to two or three images that exemplify that style.

Remember; LINKS ONLY

Hey. Thanks for the reply. It's more about my fantasy of how I want my style to be. I keeping seeing photographs that fit my style all over the internet but I have no idea the equipment and settings used. Knowing them would open so many doors as a beginner.

Style is only marginally related to equipment.
What you need to decide first is what you want to shoot and your budget.
If you don't know this but you're committed to photography, your best bet is to get a decent bridge camera that will serve you as, no surprise, a bridge to your first real camera.

Be aware, no matter how smart the camera, good photography is hard.
If you believe it is a path to riches and fame, it's about in the same league as buying a can of tennis balls as a path to Wimbledon.

Most reactions

Back