New to photography. I need some constructive critisism.

DaytonLax14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. I've recently gotten into photography. I am just wondering what I can do to make these pictures better and/or any tips you have for me. Here are some recent photos that I took:

Shot with KODAK EASYSHARE Z710 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2007-07-27

Nice work...

the first flower seems fuzzy...
the flower with the butterfly is unbelievable (where'd you buy that?!)
The kneeboarder is a good catch...hard to get shots like that with a Kodak easyshare I imagine.

One of the biggest things you can work on right off the bat - 1/3's rule.

Nice work.

Nice work...

The kneeboarder is a good catch...hard to get shots like that with a Kodak easyshare I imagine.

Nice work.
thanks, and i promis i didn't buy the butterfly photo. it was taken in my back yard along my deck. i saw the butterfly out there and i jut had to get a picture of it. And do you have a link to a 1/3's rule info?

thanks for the link. I'll keep that rule in mind.

And how is the sun set photo? I just took it lst night so I'm curious as to how i can make it better.

Nice work...

Nice work.
No you would be surprised at the easyshares quality outside in good light it's really quite good. I have two a z650 and a P712, but the indoor quality in low light is less than desirable. Anyway good work on your pics, the butterfly is awesome. The sunset is a little fuzzy to me like nothing is in focus.

i like the first one, very nice, however, whatever is in the bottom third ruins it, crop it out

the last one is great too. however there are still specks of light poking though which i think ruins the effect, there is also a dristracting light on the right. you should edit this out

You did excellent job on your photos. I like the flower with butterfly photo. I've noticed a blueish white spot on the left part of the last photo.

The sunset look a little grainy. your camera probably automatically raised the ISO because of the low light.

In manual mode I would lower the ISO to the minimum, 80 or 100 on an easyshare I think, than use a smaller f/stop (bigger number) and adjust the shutter speed as necessary, you will need a tripod for this.

wow!! this is a really good first try mate!

I love the first picture, it has a really antique feel to it. The pic of the butterfly is pretty mint but maybe you could have shifted round a lil bit to get a more pleasing background. The bee is a lil unsharp but still good.

I don't usually critique (I'm a bit of a noob myself...still, after 3-4 years, LOL) but I wanted to comment on your pictures.

I absolutely love the waterskier, great action capture! The butterfly picture has gorgeous colors and I like the composition of it as well. The rest really did nothing for me, though 2 out of 6 is fantastic, especially for a beginner. I know I don't usually get such a good ratio. Great work!

Your first one with the tree is good on the depth of field. And the one with the flower and butterfly is a good show of balance and color. I would sujest on the flower alone to use ur macro setting to help your camera focus and if your not useing a tripod I would sujest useing one on the macro pictures while not a must I find it makes it easier for me to take those kinds of pictures. over all great shooting and keep up the good work!

thanks for all the replys.

i really like the first one. the third pic would be stronger if the person was more to the left... rule of thirds. in all, very nice work.

The cc I have is the rule of thirds like others have mentioned and in the sunset pic there are some distracting lights and its a little noisy. Like someone else said... due to the higher iso.

I think these are great! Keep up the great work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back