New to Photography need some C & C

R00kAC0WGIRL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This photo is one of my favorites that I took during the ice storm we had this year. I hope you like this as much as I do.

33p6kww.jpg

Great shot, very cool. I would have liked to see a little more space beneath the icicle though.

Like Mike said, it would have been nice to get a little more room beneath since its just barely touching the edge, but other than that,

excellent shot!

Nice capture. Good clarity and color. Good contrast. Nice shallow DOF. Just wish the branch didn't end right there...you could crop off part of the right side since it doesn't do much for the image.

I'm no pro but Im liking what I see

I agree - crop off the right side that's not adding anything to the picture, and give the bottom a little more room. That's creating "visual tension," which makes the viewer a little uneasy. If there was just a tiny bit of space underneath that longest icicle we wouldn't feel that way.

Very nicely done, just nitpicking. ;)

That's really cool (pun not intended!) :blushing:

I agree - crop off the right side that's not adding anything to the picture, and give the bottom a little more room. That's creating "visual tension," which makes the viewer a little uneasy. If there was just a tiny bit of space underneath that longest icicle we wouldn't feel that way.

Very nicely done, just nitpicking. ;)

OK you guys remember keep in mind how new I am : ) When I tell you this I made the biggest error I think ever :grumpy: I cannot find the original:lmao: So I have the awful gut feeling I did this one before I realized I should never touch the original but if I find it I will fix it :lol:

I've learned that lesson the hard way also. I like this shot, but agree w/ the others that something isn't perfect

This is the coolest shot I have seen in awhile! I love the colors and the shallow DOF...very nicely done! Bummer about losing the original, at least you have some kind of record of it because it truly is an amazing shot!

OK you guys remember keep in mind how new I am : ) When I tell you this I made the biggest error I think ever :grumpy: I cannot find the original:lmao: So I have the awful gut feeling I did this one before I realized I should never touch the original but if I find it I will fix it :lol:
I learned this lesson the hard way too...never, ever do edits to the original image file...always work on a copy.

One of the first things I do after I transfer my RAW files from the memory card is to send copies of the files to my 3 backup external hard drives...I like to have 3 backup copies of my RAW files...just in case.

Most reactions

Back