New to photography

abuccanero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is some pics I took with my first camera. it is just a P&S canon A570. I am looking to get a DSLR soon.

any recomendations on what I can do better would be appreciated.

AlecsPics106-2.jpg

AlecsPics105-1.jpg

AlecsPics129BW.jpg

AlecsPics128-Copycopy.jpg

Well, the whole concept of photoshooting will change when you get an DSLR. I used a similar camera before. On the pictures of the wheel I'd recommend to try and get the background a bit more blurry. I get the feeling that it's drawing the attention away from the main subject. I don't know what setting you used when you took the shots, but I got the effect I wanted when I used the macro effect on my ixus 500 and my S40. In the first photo you should have used an tripod. Looks a little bit disturbed. As for the record, DSLR is the thing when it comes to artistic photos. (But you already know that) ;)

yea. I just got my camera for christmas and not sure how to use many of the settings yet. I know it has a manual setting to change the shutter speed and AV but I was not sure how to use it when I took these pics.

Just read, try, and learn. And I suppose the Canon usermanual is good, so you should check it out.

There's lots of potential here.

2, 3, 4 are nicely composed. I especially like 2 because of the placement of the sign, I think the colours are slightly washed out in 2 and it needs some PP to bring it out.

Nice I paintball too. ;)
I think the last one is good but would be much better if there was someone or something framed by the tire (how the sun is sort of framed isnt bad though)

Not bad at all, just a bit noisy, but good. Third one was good, but like said a good way is to focus on the tire and blur the background. And the last, I'd try to avoid any blinding lights like the sun in it. That makes most viewers turn away quickly. It's just natural instinct to turn away from bright light even if it's in a photograph. Keep working on the exp. and ap. and hopefully get less noise.

Good potential, keep it up. :wink:

Not bad at all, just a bit noisy, but good. Third one was good, but like said a good way is to focus on the tire and blur the background. And the last, I'd try to avoid any blinding lights like the sun in it. That makes most viewers turn away quickly. It's just natural instinct to turn away from bright light even if it's in a photograph. Keep working on the exp. and ap. and hopefully get less noise.

Good potential, keep it up. :wink:

I dont see much noise. :confused:
Also bright light like from the sun isnt always bad, like it usually creates a point of high contrast which actually draws the eye, not turns it away.

Most reactions

Back