new to photography

oakley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i have just started with a minolta 450 si 35mm camera and i have taken several pictures that i am not fond of please look at some of these and give me some ideas on what i could do better....

thanks
chris

berry.jpg

Well, I see all your photos, and the first one of the red berries caught my attention immediately because it looks very much like photos that I used to take for years and years. And after a while I started wondering: why don't I like my photos any longer? Why do I find them all so boring?

Then I detected The PhotoForum and learned a great deal about The Rule Of Thirds, and about putting the object you have in focus out of the centre of your picture.

And I thought: hey! That can be done easily enough!

I'm still not a good photographer... :-( But I'm learning. Therefore I'd suggest to you, too, to maybe automatically let the lense focus on what you want to photograph (let's say: red berries), keep your finger on the button and move the camera just a little to the left or right. Then take the picture.

And as to this one in particular, I'd say: make sure you also get the tips of the leaves that go with your object into your frame.

Too many words about one picture only, but in Critique there ought to be only one photo for critiquing, anyway...

Your ideas are good. You have the makings of a good photographer. But the others are right - there are some easily learned rulez of composition that will be a big help.

Most reactions

Back