New to photography...

alyssapeppers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,I am new to photography..i've been doing it for about 5 or 6 months now..and I need some input on my photo's..Both good && bad!! please leave comments!
<a href=

<a href=

Last edited:
Too heavy handed on the post processing, I think. That first one is weird... oversharpened? Not sure. They're also blown out (overexposed) as chris mentioned.

The last one is not overblown but it looks like the saturation was cranked up pretty noticably. Nice colors but didn't look natural for me. Might be a contrast thing, too. Not sure.

Other than the technical comments...

#4 is very cute. Nice picture. #3 is nice, but I think the crop might have been just a bit over-aggressive. Too much of her head cut off IMO.

#1 and #2 I do not care for. Kids sticking their hands in their mouths is not terribly appealing. I instantly think of what that must taste like... what must that kid have had their hands in all day... germs... blech! Might just be a parental reaction, but I don't care for it.

I do really like 4 a lot though. Cute kid, nice facial expresion.

Last edited:
Don't like #1, too much contrast ad sharpness. The others are really good, just need to fix the exposure.

BTW, welcome to the forums!!!

Too heavy handed on the post processing, I think. That first one is weird... oversharpened? Not sure. They're also blown out (overexposed) as chris mentioned.

The last one is not overblown but it looks like the saturation was cranked up pretty noticably. Nice colors but didn't look natural for me. Might be a contrast thing, too. Not sure.

Other than the technical comments...

#4 is very cute. Nice picture. #3 is nice, but I think the crop might have been just a bit over-aggressive. Too much of her head cut off IMO.

#1 and #2 I do not care for. Kids sticking their hands in their mouths is not terribly appealing. I instantly think of what that must taste like... what must that kid have had their hands in all day... germs... blech! Might just be a parental reaction, but I don't care for it.

I do really like 4 a lot though. Cute kid, nice facial expresion.

I'm not a fan of the first one either..I just posted it. I like the black and white better than color in that picture..but thanks..and the last picture..I havent done any editing to at all. I just left it the way it was. My favorites are 3 & 4. and the reason her head is a little cut off is because when I took the picture she moved her head a little to much. but I love how she looks in that picture.

#4 is my fav. cute pose and good exposure...but I don't think the others are over exposed. just my personal opinion...but I think I tend to like over exposure more than others. :)
welcome! (i'm a newbie too!) :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back