new to photography

dman597

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i know very little and i am only 17 and i want to learn more and know how to produce beter photos here is an example of one of my pics
DSCF0132.jpg

Like that. Not sure about the maste however that sun set is amazing. Like the ripples on the water. very nice.
What camera?

fuji fine pix s5100 its cheap and nice.
i also made this pic with it
DSCF0029.jpg

Yes second one. Different target though. Love the sunset just the maste work kinda got in the way, (FOR ME) second one, where the heck were you?
Very nice.
I am using a fine pix 3800 until my Cannon D20 comes in.

DSCF01942.jpg

i was in my hotel room in this one just messing around

Take classes, read as much as you can and shoot with different cameras. There's a lot of information out there. Look at all of your pictures critically and figure out what you could do better or need to improve on.

Probably pretty basic advice, but when your starting out (bah, maybe even forever) just plain take more photos. If your happy with say 5 out of 100 of your photos, chances are pretty low that you can improve those 95 to a point your happy with. But if you simply take another 100 photos, you'll probably have another 5 you are happy with.

You'll also find you move around more trying more angles and compositions since if you shoot everything the same for 100 shots you'll get bored pretty fast.

AND you'll find you'll capture exactly what you want, rather than having a shot that's almost perfect, but is out of focus, wrong exposure, or that someone / something is in the wrong spot etc etc.

That's my best advice anyway.

Your fisrts picture is good and I like the mast. without it all you would have is a empty top corner. It might work but with the mast it hellps to convey the feeling of being on the boat at sunset instead of maybe a dock or other structure.

if you are truly interested in photography take a basic couse at a local city college. I took a basic black & white course and fell in love with photography. Now i cant stop shooting.

jadin said:
Probably pretty basic advice, but when your starting out (bah, maybe even forever) just plain take more photos. If your happy with say 5 out of 100 of your photos, chances are pretty low that you can improve those 95 to a point your happy with. But if you simply take another 100 photos, you'll probably have another 5 you are happy with.

Very true. Go out and take photos for hours. I fill up my memory cards and get a couple that are worth showing off. AND even those well as noted here already, there is room for improvement.

Most reactions

Back