New to photography

rosett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have lately had the desire to learn about black and white photography. My experience with photgraphy is strictly snapshots up until now. My father was a semi professional photographer in the 40's and 50's, so maybe it's in my genes. My stepmother has all of my father's stuff, and has told me that she'd be glad to send me some of his old equiptment. I have it in my mind that he had one of those old double lens cameras with the mirror viewfinder in the top (forgive me, I don't know any of the jargon). She also told me that there's a "stereo" camera, and one with the "bellows" coming out of the front and large flash with reflector.
I'm really just interested in black and white photos, and I think that it would be cool to use my father's old cameras. Who knows? Maybe I'll even have some talent for it. I'm a semi professional musician with a backgroung in graphic arts.
Anyway, I'm sure that I'll have lots of questions after I actually have a camera. Thanks!

<snip>
I'm really just interested in black and white photos, and I think that it would be cool to use my father's old cameras.<snip>
<snip>

It would be ultra-cool if you used his old equipment to turn out some nice B&W shots! He probably would/would have gotten a kick out of the fact you took an interest and used his stuff.

Most reactions

Back