New to Photography...

Knickle25

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all!

My name is Michael and I am surprising my wife with her first camera. She has for years wanted to get into photography and I just could never afford to get her a good starter camera. Well finally things have turned around for us and for Valentines Day I got her a camera. I know nothing of cameras so maybe you guys can tell me if I got her a decent starter one? I read reviews and got her a Nikon D3100 with a 18-55VR and a 55-200VR lens. I have no idea what any of that means lol she will though. I made this account for her so it will be her posting from here on out, but I would love to know if that camera will work for her. She is a beginner but knows a little bit about photography. It wont be here until Valentines day but looking to get some feedback now. Just wanted to hop on and say hi from me and her and I am sure that as soon as she finds out and gets the camera and i tell her of her account on here she will be posting quite frequently. Thanks all and I hope you will share your wealth of knowledge with her!

You could also get her a gift of classes at the Cleveland Photographic Society.

Any current DSLR camera is a great starter.

At this stage I wouldn't get too caught up in equipment.
I would guess that she will outgrow any camera equipment that you buy now ... it is a natural path as a photographer ... and she will upgrade when if she requires to do so.

I think you did great!!!! I just got this camera not to long ago as my 1st DSLR and I am in love! She most definitely will be saying "whos the best husband on earth? You are!!!" lol..

First of all, kudos on the gift! That's a sure fire way of getting a bit on Valentine's day! Also, I hope you don't mind having your photo taken, there'll be a lot of photos of you to come! The camera flash is the bain of Mrs. Forkie's life!

You chose a superb camera to start with and in my humble (read biased) opinion, the easiest brand to use when starting out. Nikons are excellent for beginners as they actually explain what the settings do on the screen. Good luck to her and well done!

Your wife must be very happy, because that camera is a great starter. The 2 lenses that came with it will make great photos and give her a good amount of exposure in photography. This is a great forum to learn and share, good luck to your wife and welcome.

what you did is good.. now take her to the place where you both first met and take a snap over there you both may like it
its just my idea thats all :)
:sexywink:

this is a perfect camera for her I think she will surely be surprised

Most reactions

Back