New to photography...

JS_280

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys and gals, I just recently made a major (for me) plunge into photography and found this site. From what I've seen so far, there's tons of information that can be gleaned from the various posts and I'm looking forward to what I'll be learning in the future. I have used a Canon PowerShot S2 IS for some time for vacations and the like and it died on me about a year ago, so I thought it was a good time to upgrade and spend a good amount of my free time learning about photography and film-making.

So far, the the equipment I have is:

• Canon T3i
  • Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens with Lens Hood
  • 32GB Class 10 SDHC memory card
  • UV Lens Filter
  • ND2 Neutral Density Filter
  • Graduated Gray Filter
  • 8X Macro Filter
  • IR and Wired remote shutter releases
  • Photoshop CS2
  • Adobe ImageReady CS2
  • Adobe Premier Elements 9
My plan is to learn about and use this equipment to its fullest extent before purchasing extra lenses, etc. The only other equipment that I may purchase in the near future is an off-camera flash, but haven't quite decided that I've learned enough about using flashes yet.

Anyway, thanks for having me!

welcome5_smilie.gif

Since you are new to photography may I make one suggestion? Use multiple smaller cards then a big 32 gb. When I first started many photographers gave me this advice of which I'm greatful for. The logic behind this is, I'd rather have one 4 gb card go bad and still have my other 7 cards ok then to have 32gb worth of photos gone.

Since you are new to photography may I make one suggestion? Use multiple smaller cards then a big 32 gb. When I first started many photographers gave me this advice of which I'm greatful for. The logic behind this is, I'd rather have one 4 gb card go bad and still have my other 7 cards ok then to have 32gb worth of photos gone.

Great advice! I'll keep that in mind for the next time I make a photography purchase. Can't have too many memory cards...

Most reactions

Back