New to Photography

PhotoAVE247

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello!!!
I am fairly new to Photography/Videography looking to learn some techniques and what equipment to purchase.
I am shooting with a Canon t3i, I now have a 50mm, the kit lens 18-55mm, and 75-300mm.
I am interested in knowing which lens should I purchase to be able to shoot good night club pictures and sports event pictures.

While you can probably shoot good night club pics with what you have, shooting sports events will depend on which sports events you want to shoot.

This is probably not the forum to be asking this question. You would be better off in the "Camera" forums. Just my thoughts.

WesternGuy

I understand that shooting the "Male Horndog" in his natural habitat may be considered "wildlife" I doubt a 500mm+ lens is going to help you out so the Nature and wildlife section is probably not the best place to look for the nightclub gear.
However for sporting events it can depend greatly on the event but universally you will want a fast lens as most sporting events do not have adequate lighting.

If you want good pictures in a club, you will need either flash (which could look gross), or a full frame camera (or equivalent with good sensor), and a fast lens (wide aperture). So your 50mm f/1.8 lens could work fine, you just need a body with better sensor for low-light, or else you will have really noisy images.

For indoor events, I normally use my Tamron 24-70 G2 f/2.8 and my Nikon D750. Sometimes I'll use the Tamron 70-200 G2 f/2.8 as well, if there is room.

If you want good pictures in a club, you will need either flash (which could look gross), or a full frame camera (or equivalent with good sensor), and a fast lens (wide aperture). So your 50mm f/1.8 lens could work fine, you just need a body with better sensor for low-light, or else you will have really noisy images.

For indoor events, I normally use my Tamron 24-70 G2 f/2.8 and my Nikon D750. Sometimes I'll use the Tamron 70-200 G2 f/2.8 as well, if there is room.
Thanks alot!!!

While you can probably shoot good night club pics with what you have, shooting sports events will depend on which sports events you want to shoot.

This is probably not the forum to be asking this question. You would be better off in the "Camera" forums. Just my thoughts.

WesternGuy
Ok... Sorry didnt realize I was in the "Nature & Wildlife" section!!!

I understand that shooting the "Male Horndog" in his natural habitat may be considered "wildlife" I doubt a 500mm+ lens is going to help you out so the Nature and wildlife section is probably not the best place to look for the nightclub gear.
However for sporting events it can depend greatly on the event but universally you will want a fast lens as most sporting events do not have adequate lighting.
Hahaha Ok... didnt realize I was in the "Nature & Wildlife" section!!!

Most reactions

Back