New to Photography...

Joey28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi my names Joey I'm new to this forum and Photography as well, I just bought a Sony Cyber-Shot 4.1 megapixel camera and I have just started a course in school "College/ University Grade 11 Photography" I am a pretty good artist and have exprience with a variety of media.

I just came hear to learn more about photography and get some help. I breed & exhibit birds and loves animals so I love taking pictures of my pets.

Here are a few I took I know they are horrible (I don't know anything about photography so pleas help me): :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Picture123.jpg

My last clutch of cockatiels at 3 weeks

Picture131.jpg

Them again at 6 - 7 weeks

Picture030-1.jpg

One of my pairs of budgies

Picture024.jpg

My 120 lb puppy :lmao:

Picture053.jpg

He got a little tired...

Picture114.jpg

My cat he sleeps all day to

Welcome to the forum! :D

You are off to a good start just keep taking those pictures and I am sure your photography class will help you.

Try and stay away from that built in flash as you can probably see if gives off harsh shadows that most of the time aren't very appealing.

I really like your first picture. Try and avoid sticking the subject in the dead center of the picture (rule of thirds thing) but looking forward to seeing more!

Dodd was right on the rule of thirds, or else known as "Giving him room to walk". But for your level I'd say it's pretty good and the only two things you need to fix now, in my opinion, is the lighting and the background. If your camera has a white balance setting, use it, it becomes crucially essential for pro photography to know what does what in white balance. Kudos if you understood that-I just got home from a Johns Hopkins course that I've been taking over weekends and I'm about to fall asleep. This is pretty much what I look like right now: :drool:This is what I'm seeing right now: :wav: and this is what I need right now: :coffee:

*In case you haven't noticed I love smileys :))

And welcome to TPF and Photography.

Most reactions

Back