New to Photomatix... And I have a problem... Need help.

Parkerman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, So... I did a search and couldn't really find my answer.. So here i am with this thread. K, so.. I upload 3 files and generate an HDR.. play with all the settings and get it looking like i want, well... When i go to process it it comes out much darker and duller than what it showed... Why is this, and what am i doing wrong?

which software?

everyone i have tested has an online tutorial that will give you details on hot to use

The software is Photomatix Pro 3.0.

This is what it looks like before i hit "process"

HDRproblem.jpg

Then it turns to this...

HDRproblem2.jpg

I have the same issue. The way I deal with it is to make it overly bright in the first part and then when it processes it and darkens it the result is closer to what I want. Also you are going to have to take the result from photomatix and tweak it in Photoshop. HDR straight from photomatix tend to be a bit flat, if I use it its just a starting point.

I have the same issue. The way I deal with it is to make it overly bright in the first part and then when it processes it and darkens it the result is closer to what I want. Also you are going to have to take the result from photomatix and tweak it in Photoshop. HDR straight from photomatix tend to be a bit flat, if I use it its just a starting point.

Yea, I knew you would have to tweak it in photoshop... Just kind of disappointed in "preview" of it. I was hoping that there was another way.. and that i was doing something wrong rather than just having to make it brighter.

I misunderstood. I thought you meant between applications rather than within Photomatix. I use an older version and don't have the problem.

The same thing happens when you take a photo from photoshop into Photomatix.....many photos seem to pop more without even generating the HDR. I often wish I could see all my photos in Photomatix, because they preview things a bit differently.

try to save images with SAVE FOR WEB in photoshop.

i'm doing this and work very well.

Most reactions

Back