New to the board and business!!

Capturemecute

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have been lurking here for a while and wanted to say thank you for all of the wonderful information and ideas that you have all given me. On that note I have finally decided to take the plunge and start my own photography business. I would love to have some advice and a critique of my website. I just finished it and did it all by myself (no past experience). Please take a look and let me know what you think!!

www.capturemecute.com

Thank you in advance!!

Amy

Welcome to the Photo Forum.. :) Congrats on starting your Photography business.. :) I wish you well through this fun adventure!!

hi and welcome to tpf... i had a look at your website and you had some stunning portraits!!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as the layout goes, good on you for doing it yourself! I am currently reading a book called Photo Portfolio Success' by John Kaplan and it is AWESOME!!! It was recommended by one extreme talent on this forum - digitalmatt:sexywink: I think if you read this you may want to change your layout a bit...it has a great section on building websites... Goodluck with your business, by the look of your photos, you will do really well... I am soon starting up my portrait photography business :lmao: yippeee!! and hoping to branch into weddings in a couple of years. jem x

Hi Amy!

Welcome to TPF! I took a look around your site and you're off to a great start! I think there are a few simple things you can do to help it stand out to potential customers.

1) Consider a black or at least solid color background. When it comes to photoraphy websites you want it to showcase your work, which means that a patterned background can detract from the images.

2) The Gallery page extends off my screen and I have to scroll. That means each time I click on a picture I have to move backwards to see the larger image. You can solve that by making a few rows of images so that they are all on one screen.

3) Font. The fonts on your price list and also the bio page are quite difficult to read. You can probably get away with making the titles in a fancier font, but for large blocks of print simpler is better!

Best of luck as you start your business, it's a lot of fun and can be very rewarding as well!

Most reactions

Back