New to the community :)

Shidensen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello. I just joined the forum... well in fact i just joined the whole photography thing lol. I am 16 and today i bought my first camera ( yeah, i mean it xD i was more of a guitar guy untill now ). I chose to start with the Canon EOS 550D and since i have no ideea about photography i've decided to join a forum and... well here i am. Me and photoshop are like an old woman and a machine gun xD so i can't really edit. I am going to leave one or two photos here ( just took them today... like my first photos lol ) and i would really apreciate some criticism... be as mean as you can hehe.

So i don't really know if these photos are actually good lol... waiting to find out... Nice to meet you people ^^.

Some random comments from a rank amateur (who knows which end of the camera to point where, but little else)...

Welcome to the photography world and this forum, and congratulations on being willing to learn.

The first one leaves me wondering just what you thought was your subject. The fact that the front of the wagon's frame is the only thing in focus suggests this is your subject, but why? There doesn't seem to be anything special about that part of the wagon. I'd personally go for more depth-of-field, and maybe move to one side to avoid a head-on shot.

I think the second one is a bit stronger - and I'm generally not a fan of black-and-white. The one thing that does stand out to me is that even though you've de-emphasized the background with your depth-of-field, the windows on the building are still a little distracting. Could you have moved a little to your right to hide them behind the pole?

Some random comments from a rank amateur (who knows which end of the camera to point where, but little else)...

Welcome to the photography world and this forum, and congratulations on being willing to learn.

The first one leaves me wondering just what you thought was your subject. The fact that the front of the wagon's frame is the only thing in focus suggests this is your subject, but why? There doesn't seem to be anything special about that part of the wagon. I'd personally go for more depth-of-field, and maybe move to one side to avoid a head-on shot.

I think the second one is a bit stronger - and I'm generally not a fan of black-and-white. The one thing that does stand out to me is that even though you've de-emphasized the background with your depth-of-field, the windows on the building are still a little distracting. Could you have moved a little to your right to hide them behind the pole?

Thanks for the tips. The first one to be frank, i had no ideea about what i was doing lol xD i was still experimenting the Aperture and the Shutter speed and stuff like that... as for the second one... it was taken at night from inside my house, through the window... i was testing the 75-300mm kit lens and i tried moving to the right but the tripod was on my desk and it was at the limit xD i had already moved it to the maximum.

Welcome Home; i only suggest you take hundreds of photos every day by adjusting aperture and shutter speed mainly. There is nothing like wisdom revealed through experience; in the meanwhile dedicate definite space of time for studies; those two things will offer a synergistic growth in the field; all the best; i am not commenting on your images, now; after a few days of phototaking, you come back and see the merits and draw backs..... All The Best :thumbsup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back