New to the Forum - Some Pictures

DeniseSoden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I'll probably be posting a couple threads here in the next few minutes. I'm not sure how to go about posting different subject matters, so I'll just kind of put them where I think best fits them. If they're in the wrong place, someone let me know ;)

Anyhoo, to start off, my name is Denise. I'm a 19 year old college student that has recently gotten into photography. So far, I'm self taught, though I'd love to take a class... or two or three. I know I have a lot to learn. I'm a zoology/psych major finishing up my second year of college here. I'm from northern California (San Jose) but currently live in Santa Barbara...

Critque, feedback, comments, whatever are more than welcomed on any of my pictures. I'd really appreaciate the help.

First off, here are a few pictures from work I have. I work at a cat boarding facility... Cats make great subjects.

Jasmine:
jazzy.jpg

Cheetah:
cheta.jpg

Delilah:
delilah.jpg

Lucious:
lucious2.jpg

Skyla:
skyla.jpg

Thank you for looking! Hope to get aquainted with you all.

Hallo Denise, and welcome to ThePhotoForum!
Wow. Self-taught! Now there... you have indeed taught yourself well, if these are the photos to go by! They are all really cool. I like how close you got up to your subjects. Very sharp photos, interesting angles! I really like all of these and they show that you already have a very good eye! Keep posting and show us more!

Welcome to the forum! Nice job on your first post. I especially like the pic of Delilah. I look forward to seeing more of your shots.

LaFoto said:
Hallo Denise, and welcome to ThePhotoForum!
Wow. Self-taught! Now there... you have indeed taught yourself well, if these are the photos to go by! They are all really cool. I like how close you got up to your subjects. Very sharp photos, interesting angles! I really like all of these and they show that you already have a very good eye! Keep posting and show us more!

Thank you very much :) I've been drawing since I could hold a pencil, so I guess the artsy side has always been in me. After breaking my old camera nearly a year and a half ago, I realized how much I missed it. Once I got a working camera back in my hands in November, I haven't been able to put it down. I really enjoy photography, and its definately something I want to persue. Thanks again!

Something very satisfying with being self taught I find :)

Some great shots here although the focus in the first two is off, you have the nose in focus instead of the eyes which would have made them much stronger images. Some great stuff though, makes me want to buy a macro lens all the more :D

Welcome to TPF!
The photo of Lucious really 'pops out' in my opinion from the rest. It looks like a photo one might find in a magazine or calendar :)

Peanuts said:
Welcome to TPF!
The photo of Lucious really 'pops out' in my opinion from the rest. It looks like a photo one might find in a magazine or calendar :)
Thanks. A lot of people don't like this picture. They say he looks demonic... I think he just looks cute, and happens to have extremely dark eyes... Lol.

spako said:
I really like the first one!
That's my favorite as well. She's a great cat.

Thanks to everyone else for the compliments.

Wow, amazing pictures here! Those are beautiful cats, too ^^

I think it's great that you're self taught. Gives you more room to have your own style as opposed to if you were taught by someone else. Great work, keep it up!

And welcome to the forum :)

P.S. I'm a major in psych myself. ^^ Very interesting, isn't it?

Focusing on Cheetah should have been on the eye, and not the nose, and Lucious' fur has lost some details due to hotspots, but these are the only things I found to criticize ;)

Most reactions

Back