New to the Forum

Taylor Tupy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and just thought I'd share a little bit of my portrait/beauty work. :sillysmi:

4522961902_ab7d93fc44.jpg

4367427656_36accb82ac.jpg

4421574012_560744625b.jpg

4419676212_935c027151.jpg

4549928875_e7a1106260.jpg

4549928835_8ec9cc2905.jpg

4549928807_90c04deee3.jpg

there good, i really like #2 :thumbup:

Welcome!

Love your work.

Hi

Lovely photographs, well composed, well exposed and nicely finished with any post production treatment looking subtle and balanced.

The down side - I can pick up any magazine and see these photos, there's nothing new here. You get a good looking model, a classic pose that has been used before and standard lighting, of course you will have a photo that works. With your obvious skill I'd like to see something different.

Steve

While it may be true what Steve is saying about finding these kinds of photos in each and every magazine, I know that I myself would not be able to take photos of the kind, so I do see where there is more skill and more knowledge on your part, TT, and I do appreciate that! Welcome to ThePhotoForum.

I think based on the comment above I should clarify my point.

As I said Taylor, you have obvious skill. I therefore think maybe it's somewhat underused in taking photographs that are usual and mainstream. If I were to see one of these images I can't tell it's your work, it could be anyone's.

I would like to see work of this level where you have developed your own individual style so when I see one of your images I know it's yours.

great pictures. welcome

I think based on the comment above I should clarify my point.

As I said Taylor, you have obvious skill. I therefore think maybe it's somewhat underused in taking photographs that are usual and mainstream. If I were to see one of these images I can't tell it's your work, it could be anyone's.

I would like to see work of this level where you have developed your own individual style so when I see one of your images I know it's yours.

Thank you for the comments!

Here are a couple of photos that might be considered a little more unique. (matted for PPA competition)

4567001944_c68904bc2a.jpg

4567004004_327705a0c7.jpg

4567002042_1f1734ffed.jpg

4566371953_cb379f17e4.jpg

I have to agree with Steve Reddin. Your technique is fine, absolutely no problem there, but the images are nothing that fascinating/different.

However, you are young (going by the avatar photo) and for all we know you have not been into photography that long. So that maybe you are still in the learning technique phase while looking for your own style and, frankly, if that is the case I see no problem with the images at all. Copying/recreating styles and techniques we've seen is a great way of learning, one a lot of us have gone through.

Tbh, one thing that makes me think this may be the case is the different styles that you are showing us. Usually, photogs who are further along show more consistency in their style. Not to say they don't do different things but there is something about the images that tells us this is so-and-so if you know what I mean.

Last but not least, some of us take longer than others to find our own style. If you're not ready, you're not ready.

I have to agree with Steve Reddin. Your technique is fine, absolutely no problem there, but the images are nothing that fascinating/different.

However, you are young (going by the avatar photo) and for all we know you have not been into photography that long. So that maybe you are still in the learning technique phase while looking for your own style and, frankly, if that is the case I see no problem with the images at all. Copying/recreating styles and techniques we've seen is a great way of learning, one a lot of us have gone through.

Tbh, one thing that makes me think this may be the case is the different styles that you are showing us. Usually, photogs who are further along show more consistency in their style. Not to say they don't do different things but there is something about the images that tells us this is so-and-so if you know what I mean.

Last but not least, some of us take longer than others to find our own style. If you're not ready, you're not ready.

I appreciate the honest criticism. I suppose in some ways I still am searching for a personal style. My likes and dislikes are constantly changing and I'm never happy with what I shot last week. This is my first year shooting, so I hope to learn as much as I can and grow as an artist. At 20 years old, I'm so blessed to be where I am and to be mentored by some of the best photogs in the country.

One year shooting? Are you kidding me?

Man, you are doing beautifully. Your own style will come to you when it does.

Most reactions

Back