New to the Forums/Photography

CubsFanMike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

I'm obviously new to these boards but I'm new to photography in general as well. I'm taking a course at the university I attend now and love it. I guess I should start by telling you a little about me. My name is Mike (obvious) and yes I'm a huge Cubs fan (always next year). I used to work at Best Buy in the Digital Imaging department, and yes I learned nothing while I worked there, other than the Canon brand is good. So right now I couldn't really tell you what kind of f/stop to use in certain situations or what ISO to use either, but from what I've seen so far on these forums there is a lot of useful information. I currently own just a Canon SD1000 point and shoot and a Sony H50 as well. I really, really need a good DSLR and am all over the place with what I want to get. I am looking for a good kit for under $1000, so if anyone has suggestions that would be awesome. For what I'm looking to shoot, that's up in the air as well. I love taking landscapes, buildings, and people.....anyways just thought I'd say hello to everyone!

Hi Mike, welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back