NEW to the group

Alein

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,
I am new to the group and new to the field of photography. I took digital photography class as part of my undergrad studies, and i fell in love in street photography.
I was wondering if anyone can share with me some good sites that i can learn all about cameras, lenses and photography.
I am also in the process of searching to purchase a lens for my canon rebel XT (mainly for street photography with a good zoom range). I want to be able to take zoomed in pics from far away, and blurry background. do you have any suggestions ( i am not fixed on canon lenses only, any brand that can fit the camera and be cheaper is even better - since i am a beginner, i want something that produces good quality pics yet not too expensive.

Hello everyone,
I am new to the group and new to the field of photography. I took digital photography class as part of my undergrad studies, and i fell in love in street photography.
Welcome
I was wondering if anyone can share with me some good sites that i can learn all about cameras, lenses and photography.
www.thephotoforum.com
www.dpreview.com
I am also in the process of searching to purchase a lens for my canon rebel XT (mainly for street photography with a good zoom range). I want to be able to take zoomed in pics from far away, and blurry background. do you have any suggestions ( i am not fixed on canon lenses only, any brand that can fit the camera and be cheaper is even better - since i am a beginner, i want something that produces good quality pics yet not too expensive.
WHat is your budget? If you have too much money go for the 70-200 f/2.8 IS

I want to be able to take zoomed in pics from far away, and blurry background
That's going to be hard to accomplish because the farther away the camera is from the subject, the deeper the DOF becomes. Anything near the subject will be in focus, in front and in back.
do you have any suggestions ( i am not fixed on canon lenses only, any brand that can fit the camera and be cheaper is even better - since i am a beginner, i want something that produces good quality pics yet not too expensive.
What is expensive to you? What is the most you would be willing to spend on a long lens?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back