New to the PhotoForum

HughGuessWho

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
New Noob From New England. Been into photography for 30 plus years but frankly mostly took snapshots. I have actual won a few photo contests, but I think it was mostly luck and or the lack of real competition.
In the last few years, I have taken a serious interest in becoming a better, or shall a say, "real" photographer.
I am primarily interested in landscape photography; I have taken a resent interest in Macro / Close-up photography as well ad HDR.
I look forward to the C&C, gaining as many tips and as much knowledge as I can from some many fine photographers.

Ray

Welcome to TPF; you sound a lot like me. I let photography take a back seat to raising kids, but now they're grown and in the last couple of years, I've decided to really get serious about it. Not a pro, don't aspire to be, and don't do much portraiture--landscape, nature, a little macro, abstract and whatever else I find interesting at the time. Did it all with a Canon point-and-shoot until last August, when I took the plunge to a Nikon D5100.

What kind of camera do you have? Show us some photos!!

Hi Ray, where in NE are ya? Welcome from California!

Thanks for the "Welcome", Trever1T. I am currently in the Hartford, CT area and generally head to Western Mass and Maine for most of my photo outings.
I see many of your postings on TFP and think I can learn a lot from you and other much more experienced photographer on the forum.

Thank you

Welcome to TPF; you sound a lot like me. I let photography take a back seat to raising kids, but now they're grown and in the last couple of years, I've decided to really get serious about it. Not a pro, don't aspire to be, and don't do much portraiture--landscape, nature, a little macro, abstract and whatever else I find interesting at the time. Did it all with a Canon point-and-shoot until last August, when I took the plunge to a Nikon D5100.

What kind of camera do you have? Show us some photos!!

Thanks, sm4him.
I currently use a Canon Xsi with Simga lenses. Hoping to upgrade to a 7D or 5D very soon. Any suggestions on that desision would be welcome.

I have a picture posted for C&C on TFP. Please feel free to take a look and provide your C&C.

Thank you

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/hdr-discussions/272165-my-first-hdr-c-c-please.html

Most reactions

Back