New to the site and photography

Killx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi my name's James and although I have been interested in photography for quite a while I have only just started in the last week or so. Thought I would join a community like this so I could get some constructive critisism. So here's a sample of what I have occupied myself with for the last few days.

Burntsky_thumb.jpg

This is a little dark for my liking but the sun was going down so fast I didn't have a lot of time to mess with the shutter speed or aperture.

Lights_thumb.jpg

I got bored waiting for a storm that never came.

Moon2_thumb.jpg

I think I need a bit more zoom.

Lightning%205_thumb.jpg

I have quite a few better lightning shots but this is one of the few that wasn't obstructed by powerlines, eagerly awaiting the next storm in my area to have another crack.

Sorry about the large pics I did resize them down to below 150kb each, if it is more appropriate for most to have them as thumbnail links to larger images let me know for next time, cheers.

nice! i really like the sunset pic :thumbup:
and welcome to the forum

REally cool shots James. Lookin forward to more of your stuff.
Welcome to the forum.

Cool shots, James. The sunset is amazing.

Cheers.

Cheers for the comments guys :) - Yeah we get some pretty nice sunset's in Darwin - when all the fires start up in the dry season I will have to post some. The smoke in the air has the most amasing effect on the sunset.

These are nice shots, love the #1. Hope to see more soon and Welcome to TPF, your gonna like it here.

great exposure on that sunset, and I really like the composition of the lightning shot.

welcome to the forum, James.

Hey james

I like the lighting shot alot and the sunset is not bad either. keep up the good works

Most reactions

New Topics

Back