New to the site. Here are some of my pics.

NIVLEKphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I'm new to this hobby and to this site. I own a Canon 350d. Looking forward to expand on photography. Here's a few of my shots. critiques and
comments welcome.

july5041.jpg

july5039.jpg

thespot119.gif

NIVLEK27.gif

NIVLEK25.gif

Love the skateboarding one. Perfect timing to catch the board as you did.

I think you need to show off your subject more. For example the first one I'm assuming is showing the cigarette pack on the ground, why not get closer, zoom in, fill the frame with your subject.

I think you had good composition with the skateboarder but because he's set against a dark background you kinda loose him, maybe get lower so his backdrop is the sky, or move so those bushes don't eat him. :)

Whew! For a moment I thought I was going to see snapshots of your family vacation.
The skateboarder is great.
I don't like the raindrops on the window as much, but it seems you have an eye for form.
And it's not a hobby, more like an addiction.

I like the skateboarder photo. It's nice to see one that's not shot as some crazy angle.

Oddly enough I like the water droplet photo. The colors appear to me and it works with the dark patch in the bottom right.

The skater photo I don't really like in B&W. It took me longer than it should to find the board, and his hand is cut off at the wrist. Also, the large patch of foliage isn't very appealing. Just my opinion though. Thanks for sharing.

I think you need to show off your subject more. For example the first one I'm assuming is showing the cigarette pack on the ground, why not get closer, zoom in, fill the frame with your subject.

I think you had good composition with the skateboarder but because he's set against a dark background you kinda loose him, maybe get lower so his backdrop is the sky, or move so those bushes don't eat him. :)

Thanks man, i appreciate it. I'll take that in consideration for next time.

Whew! For a moment I thought I was going to see snapshots of your family vacation.
The skateboarder is great.
I don't like the raindrops on the window as much, but it seems you have an eye for form.
And it's not a hobby, more like an addiction.

lol, yeah i agree. It is an addiction!
thanks again.

Oddly enough I like the water droplet photo. The colors appear to me and it works with the dark patch in the bottom right.

The skater photo I don't really like in B&W. It took me longer than it should to find the board, and his hand is cut off at the wrist. Also, the large patch of foliage isn't very appealing. Just my opinion though. Thanks for sharing.

no problem. thanks. I'm glad you the water droplet photo.

Thanks for the advice guys i really appreciate it. First day on the site and i already like you guys. I thought i was going to get bashed on being that i am a noob to this. Thanks again. keep the comments coming.

I like the 4th and 5th shot.

The first one looks a tad desaturated... maybe the fifth as well. Have you done any post-processing on these? You may try to boost that a bit. Nice start overall though.

Welcome to the forum/addiction :)

I like the 4th and 5th shot.

The first one looks a tad desaturated... maybe the fifth as well. Have you done any post-processing on these? You may try to boost that a bit. Nice start overall though.

Welcome to the forum/addiction :)

Thanks. yeah the idea was to get the dull desaturated look for the first one.
and i touched these pics up a little with photo shop.

Most reactions

Back