New to the site

silentkillz1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, i've had my Nikon D60 for a while, but i'm still trying to learn how to use it well. I just wanted to post up a couple of pictures i've taken so people can tell me what i can improve on. Thanks for lookings

7.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

z.jpg

DSC_1257.jpg

Yeah, I would say the composition is lacking in all of them.

#1: I'm drawn immediately to the reflections on the car.
#4: The spot has a lot of potential for a good shot, try and go back there and work on some compositional shots of the area.

While I agree with the C&C on the photos, I must admit, your Fiji FG2 is a beautiful car! I dig the JDM fogs & DRL's :thumbup:

Are you on 8thcivic.com too? I am, same screen name, say hi :lol:

Yeah, I would say the composition is lacking in all of them.

#1: I'm drawn immediately to the reflections on the car.
#4: The spot has a lot of potential for a good shot, try and go back there and work on some compositional shots of the area.

Agreed. The parking garage shot is very difficult due to the lowness of the ceilings, harsh lighting, and distracting reflections from the two. I see it as a nightmare to shoot. Move outside and make it easier on yourself. Shooting cars at night without off camera flash is hard as well.

In #4, I am searching for a focal point. Is it the bridge? or the building? Also, a lot of dead space in the foreground. Exposure seems decent. Go back with a clear vision of what you want us to see and photograph that.

Welcome.

p!nK

While I agree with the C&C on the photos, I must admit, your Fiji FG2 is a beautiful car! I dig the JDM fogs & DRL's :thumbup:

I'm on the 8th ;)

I joined when I was looking into an SI back in 08, actually got a Lancer GTS instead, but hung around there b/c I still love the car.

I'm on the 8th ;)

I joined when I was looking into an SI back in 08, actually got a Lancer GTS instead, but hung around there b/c I still love the car.

Nice, so who's FG2 is that then? It's a beauty!

I'm not the OP lol.

Just a random dude in the thread.

Hi everyone, i've had my Nikon D60 for a while, but i'm still trying to learn how to use it well.
DSC_1257.jpg

I would have moved closer to the bridge and the railing (basically moved top-left direction of photo) and try to catch the reflection of bridge and buildings along with the skyline. It would have made a very nice shot.

Most reactions

Back