new to the world, a couple questions for ya'll who have been in it longer??

KPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok thanks in advance!
#1 I am just getting into taking pics for others I have a nikon D5000 with a few filters and speed light etc. My question is I just got a backdrop stand and ordered 2 drops one white and one black (Muslin) i can see through them so i used a dark sheet behind the black one and a thick white one behind the white one and it worked on the seeing through part, but all the wrinkles stink and I will be travling with them to do a shoot on sight any ideas of an easy fix or do you suggest paper?, but than I think how do you haul a 9ft paper roll everywhere you go.
#2 I was using picnik.com to edit and was getting good results IMP not professional but it was cheep and easy yo use. I knew photoshop would be better, my husband got me a new computer with photoshop elements 9 on it and i am lost i cant even find where to sofen a backround, however I did figure out how to crop a subject to a new backrond which tops picnik lol. Is there a online walk you through quide. I have tried to find a class to goto and am not having much luck since we do not live near a big city!
Thank you so much for any input to help me and sorry it was a long one!!

You may have to change your text / fonts to get a good reply. Your post is hard to read. Good Luck.

I use muslins a lot when I do photo shoots on location, and wrinkles can be a problem. Try and use extra clamps and attach them to the muslin and camera stand, I find it does a pretty good job. Also consider trying green screen, I shyed away from it for a long time, but now I like the way it works and it give lots of background options if lit correctly. If you would like let me know and I will send you a tutorial link on how to do green screen. Good Luck, shoot me an e-mail if you have any questions.

I recently got my first background and the wrinkles were an issue. I went to Target and got a $30 hand held steamer, a few stragetically placed clothes pins and it is absent of wrinkles now.

this is a link for youtube lesons for light room, but there are photoshop ones too. just type in elements and you will get what you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all so much and keep the info coming...... do paper backdrops "see through" and if I am using a speed light about how fare from the subject should i be to reduse backdrop wrinkles?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back