New to the world

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am currently shopping around for a good starter camera- I don't have that much money, but what I do have I am sure will work. I have a question about the camera I was looking at- actually found it on Ebay, and was wondering what everyone here would think about it. It is a bit older, but any and all opinions would be great, thanks!

This is a quote from the auction:
----------
This auction is for a CANON AE-1 35MM SLR CAMERA W/ 3 LENSES & FLASH & MORE!
This camera set is in very good cosmetic condition. Each lens is clean and scratch free, as they are protected from both UV filters, and front and rear lens caps. The camera is in good cosmetic and working condition; It fires smoothly and the metering works. The camera comes with everything pictured including the camera bag. The lens specifications are as follows:
Canon Lens FD 50mm 1:1.8
MC Hanimex 1:2.8 f=28mm
MC Hanimex automatic zoom c-macro 1:4.5 f=80mm-200mm

-------------

Any comments on this?

The Canon AE-1 was my first 35mm camera and came with the 50mm f/1.8 lens. I am not familiar with the other lenses you mention but the camera is a great camera to learn on. Since it is a film camera, be sure to take notes of the settings you use when you take shots as they will help you as you analyze your shots when you get the prints back form the lab.

It's a fine camera...but it uses an old lens system....and film (gasp :shock: )

If you are looking for a film SLR to get you started. I would suggest a newer camera like any of the Canon EOS Rebel cameras. This way, if and when you decide to buy a digital SLR camera, you can use the same lenses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back