New to this forum

xring3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
this may have been asked before but, is there any indication how much longer film will be made for 35mm in color and black and white? Also have a 110 I would like to try out again. Thanks

I don't think 35mm will be completely gone anytime soon. Fuji and Kodak may discontinue certain stocks but it seems they are re-formulating them to be less expensive to make and then bringing them back to market. Medium and large format will die first I think and even with those, theres a decent selection of films.

Film wont completely disapear in the near future any more than blacksmithing is gone.
It simply isnt used to the level it once was.

Thanks for the replies. Years ago I worked in the lithographic industry as a color cameraman. I used Kodak separation negative type 2, pan masking and type 3 film. All of that film and chemistry is gone now along with the skill to do color separation. An entire industry was replaced by digital photography and computer imaging. Don’t mean to complain just reflecting on the past.

An entire industry was replaced by digital photography

I know how you feel. I've worked in professional photos labs since 1985 and so much of what I used to do is now on the computer. I still have a BW darkroom to play in and that makes me happy not to sit in front of a monitor.

I think the color 35mm film will be around for another 50 or 60 years. I'm not too sure beyond that point, as I think the supply of 35mm cameras that are in working condition will have by then dwindled to a small number of units. However it's possible that there will be a revival of film,much as there has been a revival of vinyl albums after about 25 to 30 years of the supremacy of the CD ROM format

Most reactions

Back