New to This Photography world little help would help!!!

jrthestar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
How are yah my name is jr and ive always had a thing for photography coming from an art eye decided to take it to the next level. I currently bought a little canon a590is which is hella nice and would like to know what lens i can add to it to get some nice pics. Im into the fish eye lens and the Tele-converters. But i dont under the numbers like .38x HD wide angel fisheye macro for example.

Whats does the .38x means and whats macro.? Im interested in buying a nice fish eye and a really nice TC helpppp im looking at the opteka brand for now when i get nicer with pictures ill get upgrade to one of those 1300 canons for now lets get thru the basics thanks guys!!!!

0.38x means that the image is magnified 0.38 times, or you get a 2.63 times wider field of view.

Macro means the image on the film is approaching the actual size of the object. It is for very small subjects. It is essentially impossible on a point and shoot because of the tiny sensor so macro just means closer focus on it.

It's good to start off simple but I strongly pressure you to avoid adding lenses on point and shoots. Wait till you get an SLR and then get real lenses.

Add-on 'telephoto', 'wide angle', and 'fish-eye' lenses are no more than expensive disappointments, imo. Don't waste your money on them.
Like TCs on dSLRs: they exact a severe hit on the image quality.

im not planning on get another camara for a while but why should i add a lense to my a590? Do the pictures come out that horrible?

I've gotten many many many many of the same responses when I bought my camera and was asking about add-on lenses. The consensus was that the quality depreciates too much from the actual add-on lens, not because of your camera.

For a quality add-on lens, there's no point in spending $2-300 on a point and shoot camera, then another $150-200 for an add-on lens. At that point, you could have just purchased a dSLR for the money.

I've gotten many many many many of the same responses when I bought my camera and was asking about add-on lenses. The consensus was that the quality depreciates too much from the actual add-on lens, not because of your camera.

For a quality add-on lens, there's no point in spending $2-300 on a point and shoot camera, then another $150-200 for an add-on lens. At that point, you could have just purchased a dSLR for the money.

i was looking into opteka lens since their cheap and sumone said their not to bad for a ps cam.What yah think?

Well I don't have any experience in P&S cameras, but I do have a lens that I can screw on the end of one of my lens and it does a terrible job of keeping the sharpness of the original lens. In my opinion, what will happen is you'll get this addon and it won't perform as good as you want and you'll have to buy something else that is better to replace it. Then really what you have possibly done is spent more on the camera than you would have just buying a better camera to start off with.

Most reactions

Back