New to this world

Bubbles22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My name is Amanda and I had a baby in Aug of 2010, I want to start taking really good shots of my family. So after consideration I just bought the Nikon D3100. I want to play with it before I buy much more. However, if there are things that people feel you can't live without I would love to know about them so I can research them. We do that for awhile in our family. I hope to get better from all of your wonderful knowledge on this site. :mrgreen:

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
My name is Amanda and I had a baby in Aug of 2010, I want to start taking really good shots of my family. So after consideration I just bought the Nikon D3100. I want to play with it before I buy much more. However, if there are things that people feel you can't live without I would love to know about them so I can research them. We do that for awhile in our family. I hope to get better from all of your wonderful knowledge on this site. :mrgreen:

You should probably look into getting the 50mm1.8. It's great for low light shots, and I believe a lot of the baby photographers around here swear by it. You might also do well with purchasing the book "understanding exposure" by Bryan Peterson, I think that's his name. You might also look into getting a flash. Learn how to use it now before your child grows into a little mover and shaker, so you will be able to stop the action and have fewer motion blurred photos.:thumbup:

Big Mike

I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can't (don't want to) read anything in that terrible font...but welcome to the forum anyway. :)

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics