New to This

JustJessie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone! I am totally new to photography. I got a Nikon D50 two days ago. I played with is some yesterday afternoon and started reading the manual last night. I took about 30 pictures, my boyfriend and I agreed that a couple of them were really good...but I want better! I would love any advice or suggestions. Like I said, I am 100% new to this.

Thanks in advance for suggestions/advice :D

Welcome..... don a flame suit and hold on tight.

Post up some photos for critique, and learn lots. I have. (unfortunately my photos still suck...... but they're getting better!)
Read lots, study lots, and most importantly, press the shutter button often.

Most of the folks her are really helpful, and even when they aren't, you can still (for the most part) learn from their responses.

Great! Thank you for the threads, I am sure they will be helpful (anything probably will be). And I look forward to posting my photos and getting feedback on them.

Thank you, again!

Like mentioned above, Welcome to TPF. There are tons of people here eager to help you. Post your photos (need 5 posts in order to post photos).
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...forum-functions-pictoral-guide-using-tpf.html

Read up alot, and browse these threads, chances are somebody has already asked the questions you have. Find an object of interest and find ways of making it look better then it really is.

Your local library has some books on how to take better photos. Many of the books written by the Kodak company are actually pretty good at the how-to stuff. When you get into the Kodak books authored by "the company", you'll be dealing with a book written and illustrated by 10-15 people, with a grand total of perhaps 375 to 500 years' worth of photography experience spread across multiple authors,editors, and contributors.

Most reactions

Back