New tool (toy) for me to play with.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally broke down and did it. I added new L glass to my bag. It's a used Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L USM. I took it from the store straight out shooting to play with it for a little while.

It was extremely windy (40+ mph winds) and we were at the lake at sun set, so we decided to shoot some longer exposure stuff of the waves. We got to watching the waves smash into the spillway and started shooting them to get the mist. When I got this one into the PC and playing with processing, I just couldn't help to notice how much it looks like a picture window behind the spillway.

So I decided to take my processing toward the oil painting look. (well I think it looks like that a little bit.)

22951798502_f5b1f20058_c.jpg

I love the movement!

Congrats on the new glass!

Retail motivation is the best motivation. Congrats. Cool photo too.

Nice, new glass is always good, even if it is Canon! :p

Well John, honestly I'd look at the Nikon glass but there is just something about it that won't work with my Canon body.

I've been down that road at one time but decided that a change is not for me. (Never say never but I'll stay on this side for now.)

Okay I see what you are doing. Getting more glass in order to trade up to the 400 2.8? Tricky :)

Okay I see what you are doing. Getting more glass in order to trade up to the 400 2.8? Tricky :)
I thought people just trade body parts for those lenses ?

Well John, honestly I'd look at the Nikon glass but there is just something about it that won't work with my Canon body.

I've been down that road at one time but decided that a change is not for me. (Never say never but I'll stay on this side for now.)
Nikon makes a converter kit for this, it includes:
1 - flange converter - so all Nikon lens will fit on the camera body
2 - sensor converter - so you get the latest 24 or 36mp SONY sensor
3 - imaging processor converters - to get all the DR, Colors, etc.

These converter kits are included in ALL Nikon camera body purchases.
Just buy a Nikon camera,
put the Nikon lens on it
and discard the Canon camera body
and you are all set :)

I wished that were the case. (I'm playing the lottery for that, lol)

I thought people just trade body parts for those lenses ?

IKR! @runnah was going to donate a body part but I wouldn't let him because I think that is trafficking ;)

Thanks Derrel. After all the frustration I've had the last couple of months with my 28-135 kit lens, it was just a matter of time before getting it.

Come to the Dark Side!
sw017.gif

Most reactions

Back