New toy! 50mm 1.4/G

KooK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.volk-tech.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been fighting for a good month trying to get this lens and I FINALLY got one in my hands (tried to order 2 months before release). I've only had it for an hour but I've been shooting everything around my house. It just feels and sounds so solid, extremely well built, I can't say a bad thing about it honestly. I can't wait to get my car back on the road so I can run and take shots of everything else and try to get this sucker figured out.

I'm just so happy :heart:.

newtoy1.jpg

newtoy3.jpg

Last edited:
cats thoughts "oh no he not another one!"
;) :)
have fun with the new lens

Your cat looks a bit like mine. Is it a Tonk ?
I took this pic last month when I got my 50mm 1.8. hahaha.

p593181504-3.jpg

I envy thee - I can't afford one of those.

Your cat looks a bit like mine. Is it a Tonk ?
I took this pic last month when I got my 50mm 1.8. hahaha.

Actually he's a British Burmese which is a decently close relationship to the Tonkinese I believe. If you're anything like me, you were running around the house just shooting everything, tossed the cat in the sun because you knew he'd stay there long enough to snap a shot off. :lol:

If you can get the older 50mm 1.4 I really do recommend it, like I said even the 1.8 takes some great pictures. I've just been saving my money for a new lens and this one came across in the perfect time. I got one from the final shipment before Nikon raised the price on them another 15%.

Well congrats on the new glass. Glad you like it. I just bought the 10.5 f/2.8 fisheye for a playing around lens.

Yeah I got some today but havent loaded them to the computer yet. Im going out tomorrow to try some other shots with it. I just needed a fun lens. I will shoot you a link when I get some pics up tomorrow night. I forgot how fun a fisheye was havent used on in years.

Please do, I know a lot of people say get a wide angle but I love the fisheye because of how it distorts.

Nice looking felines. I thought they were a Sealpoint and Bluepoint, respectively. :dunno:

My poor cat is going to be 18 years old this year. She looks pretty rugged.

The 50mm F/1.8 is likely the most affordable lens on the market. For Nikon users it is about $110 for Canon users it is about $90.

Actually he's a British Burmese which is a decently close relationship to the Tonkinese I believe. If you're anything like me, you were running around the house just shooting everything, tossed the cat in the sun because you knew he'd stay there long enough to snap a shot off. :lol:

Well he's a beaut alright. Yea the Tonks are a cross between burmese and siamese. That cat is built more toward the burmese side ( solid as all get out ).

I do find it challenging to get shots of the cats. They don't usually stay still long enough, and I don't know how to use my camera fast enough.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back