New tripod, C&C

Curiosity Cosby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I just got a new Manfrotto tripod. By no means top of the line, however it is a huge step up from my old "camera stand." Got excited and took some pictures by the highway tonight, this was the best one I came out with. Let me know what you think, thanks!

Lay193.jpg

i'm just a beginner, but i really like it! Only criticism is maybe try and get a bit closer to the "action". It seems kinda distant, but that's just my opinion, and maybe you wanted it to be far away.

Greg

Thanks! Not so much that I wanted to be "distant" so to speak, I really just wanted to show the lines of how the road curves up and around.

It's a nice photo. I like the curves and prefer the distant view. It's just too dark for me. All you can really see are the light trails. Try using a longer shutter speed. Can you post the exif data?

It's an alright photo - the light trails are nicely done but you really need to find a place with more light trails if you're going to leave so much of the photo in darkness.

I like that you can tell which cars were going which way, but I definitely agree that the only thing I would have changed was being closer to the action. I feel like there is too much black and my eyes are somewhat drawn to that when they should be focused on just the traffic...Other than that, Great Shot!

I like all of the curves, but like said before, the photo seems to dark.

ISO 100, f/16, 26.8 second exposure.
I think I am going to go reshoot this tonight. Based on what is here, does anyone see a better way to compose the shot?

ISO 100, f/16, 26.8 second exposure.
I think I am going to go reshoot this tonight. Based on what is here, does anyone see a better way to compose the shot?
I'd compose it so the "S" curve is a little more to the left.

I was thinking that same thing, my only concern being that if I move the "S" curve to the left a little, there will be nothing to the right of it but black and a few dimly lit houses. Would it look out of place to have the curve in the middle, even with black to the right of it? Or would it end up working out alright? or do I really just need to fiddle with it til I get it?

You need to move your POV to the right, not just swing the camera, so the curve is along the vertical "thirds" axis on the right and you still have the "destination" building at the upper left..

Aha, thanks! That road may be a bit tricky to do that on, but I'll figure it out.

Cool shot, but yeah it looks pretty underexposed. Try it on like f/9 or something a little bit lower.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back