New user from Portugal

covenant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Greetings everyone
I'm new to photography.
Me and my girlfriend want to start and learn about photography.
Her budget is way bigger than mine <grin> . She got a Nikon D40 with kit lens and I bought a used (don't know it's condition yet) ZENIT 12XP. it comes with a lens I don't have a clue about: PRINZFLEX AUTO REFLEX. No 721900.
It was a bargain (13Eur) so I must wait for it to arrive to see if it's damaged.
Best regards

Hi! Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will learn a lot here about photography.

Bem-vindo ao nosso FĂłrum.

The Zenit is a solid Russian SLR, a true workhorse. Some of the later models had their bodies made of ABS (plastic) rather than the older models (metal). In any case, use it and love it!

The lens is a so called 'third party' lens, which means this company made lenses for other camera makers, was not up to par with other lens makers of that time when it comes to quality. I believe the Zenit has a screw mount and there were plenty of cameras back then having this type of a mount. In all fairness it's a below-average lens.

I would look for a nice Jupiter lens to fit your Zenit with. Start with eBay. ;)

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome!
winke.gif

THank you all for the warm welcome. The camera arrived today. After a deep clean, I see the lens have a little scratch inside. Tomorrow will buy film and take some shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back