New user needs help....

TexasAggie07

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Howdy guys,

Well I have tinkered around on this site for about an hour and cannot for the life of me figure out how to add pictures on a new thread I was trying to create....

At the bottom of the page it says posting permissions... and says the is turned off so I cannot add attatchments.

Do I have to upload them to an external site and link them here rather than uploading them directly from a file on my computer? I have tried reducing the file size to even under 100kb and still no luck. Every time I upload a file it has a little red error button that reads "undefined".

I am sure (at least I hope) I am not the first person to get stumped here and any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Gig em!

Brian

I am trying photobucket and linking them in, that should solve my issues. I guess you have to have a certain number of posts before you can upload a file?

Howdy guys,

Well I have tinkered around on this site for about an hour and cannot for the life of me figure out how to add pictures on a new thread I was trying to create....

At the bottom of the page it says posting permissions... and says the is turned off so I cannot add attatchments.

Do I have to upload them to an external site and link them here rather than uploading them directly from a file on my computer? I have tried reducing the file size to even under 100kb and still no luck. Every time I upload a file it has a little red error button that reads "undefined".

I am sure (at least I hope) I am not the first person to get stumped here and any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Gig em!

Brian[/QUOTE]

You need to make a few posts (5 I think) before you can post a photo. Try hitting the game threads here or any of the offtopic threads and reply to a few questions.

I am trying photobucket and linking them in, that should solve my issues. I guess you have to have a certain number of posts before you can upload a file?

Correct, I think you need one more. So.. Lets do this.. How is the weather in Cotulla, Texas?

Yep you need 5 posts to allow the tags to work when uploading to another site and linking in here - however I'd strongly recommend shifting to flickr over photobucket - better terms and conditions as well as better quality (photobucket has poor auto editing that tends to just ruin most uploaded images).

Also if you want to upload direct to this sit itself you have to pay to be a supporting member to get that feature.

Most reactions

Back